Friday, March 25, 2011

My Gwen is the Pinay Gwen Tennyson

I've posted a couple of times in my other blog, The All-around Mom, about my daughter, Gwen, winning the "Is There a Gwen in You?" contest from Cartoon Network Asia.  She was chosen as the Gwen Tennyson of the Philippines among the 3,500 participants who logged in and joined the contest.


She was selected as the winner December of last year, and she had her photo shoot a few weeks after we learned of the good news.  Then last month, the announcement of the winners were shown at the Cartoon Network channel, Gwen10.com website and was also published on the Inquirer.  Then a few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from Cartoon Network Asia that Manila Bulletin was interested to feature my daughter, and yesterday she was featured at the entertainment section of the Manila Bulletin (in print and online).

news article at the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Feb. 20, 2011 

winners announced at the Gwen10.com website
some of her pictures online
news article at Manila Bulletin, March 24, 2011
I'm really happy for and proud of my daughter.  I do hope and pray that new opportunities will come along her way right after this blessing that was given to her.

More power to you, Gwen! :)

1 comment:

  1. no wonder she won. she looks like Gwen and her name is actually Gwen :D she deserves it!
    Heartifying

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit! :)

The All-around Mom
Thoughts Online
SAHM’s Notebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...